[Nepomuk] Duplicate resources because of using different sources and creators/performers

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Fri Oct 14 13:46:40 UTC 2011

The Vorbis comments spec http://xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html
states that for popular music "artist" is normally the performing band
and "performer" is omitted. But for classical music "artist" would be
the composer while "performer" would be the - well performer. :P

So the question is: how do we handle this in the flac (and also
vorbisbtw) analyzer plugin? Do something like "if perfomer is set use
nco:creator otherwise nmm:performer"? That seems reasonable. Opinions?

As for resource merging: we have APi to merge two resources in the Data
management service also easily accessible through DBus. But there is no
code yet that tries to find duplicates.