[Nepomuk] general questions: virtuoso-t & nepomukstorage, desktopsearch

Matthias Lechner mat.lechner at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:00:29 UTC 2011

Hi Sebastian,

> It would be interesting to know if the indexing of all files has
> finished. If virtuoso is spiking we could debug the issue by logging
> into the db:
>
> isql localhost:1111 dba dba
As with Ignacio, this does not work for me either, although I checked the port
number to be 1111. In verbose mode, the command gives:

mat at thinkpad:~$ sudo isql -v localhost:1111 dba dba
[IM002][unixODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found, and no default
driver specified
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
mat at thinkpad:~$

Any ideas?

> Another important issue are the versions of everything: kde, strigi,
> akonadi.

KDE 4.7.1, akonadi 1.6

I actually do not have strigi-daemon installed, since I thought that nepomuk
has its own "version" of it (at least that's how I understood your blog post:
http://trueg.wordpress.com/2011/09/22/about-strigi-soprano-virtuoso-clucene-
and-libstreamanalyzer/ ).

> I have a patch which introduces exactly that functionality as a hidden
> config option. Sadly I cannot test it due to some weird linker problem I
> cannot figure out.
> But I attached the patch in case you want to give it a try. It applies
> in kde-runtime/nepomuk. You need to add "debug mode=true" to
> ~/.kde/share/config/nepomukstrigirc for it to work. Then failures are
> written to ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk/file-indexer-error-log
Thanks for adding the patch! Unfortunately, I haven't got enough spare time to
check it out at the moment :(

Anyway, thank you very much for helping me with this problem!
Regards,
Mat