[Nepomuk] general questions: virtuoso-t & nepomukstorage, desktopsearch

Ignacio Serantes kde at aynoa.net
Thu Oct 13 16:27:40 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Matthias Lechner <
mat.lechner at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > I will try to help before you send this message again ;).
> :) Sorry about that, I had some problems with "gmail.com" and
> "googlemail.com", and also was wondering why I didn't see my own message
>
> No problem, I'm joking :).

> > I have not noticed this problem in my systems but I have quite limited
> > indexed folders to maintain my database as small as possible. If you
> don't
> > have manual data: tags, ratings, coments, maybe deleting your database
> could
> > help.
> I tried that once, when I did a complete reset of my akonadi/nepomuk
> installation. It did not change anything, unfortunately. Also, the duration
> of
> the lag seems to be connected with the size of the database, which might
> explain why you do not observe this behaviour. However, reducing the
> database
> size is not useful for me, since the very reason why I need an indexer is
> that
> my files are so numerous that I cannot find them on my own quickly.

Do you has tried to increment virtuoso memory usage in configuration?

> > In theory if don't appears then there is not indexed. Consider that
> > strigi service fails indexing some files, for example flac files, so you
> may
> > experiencing this problem.
> Hm, but this problem also occurs with such general stuff like directories.
> strigi should be able to index directories, and it successfully does for at
> least some. But is there any log file that says "failed to index blabla" ?

As far as I know directories are not indexed unless you add data manually.
On the other side, there are several encoding problems with Nepomuk's
searchs so this could be the source of your problem.
And strigi indexer don't generates a log, so it is impossible to know which
files are indexed and which not.

> > I developed an alternative search method that might be useful to you.
> It's
> > not integrated in KDE, Krunner or Dolphin, for desing reasons but it has
> > good query language, supports UTF-8 and don't supports Akonadi :).
> Nepoogle
> > is called and you can found here:
>
> Thanks, maybe I'll try that!

If your files appears here and not in krunner then you have a problem
related with encoding.

> Regards,
> Mat

Best wishes,