[Nepomuk] user documentation for Nepomuk/Strigi

S Page skierpage at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:16:34 UTC 2011

In solving my problem with Strigi not indexing[1] I learned a few
things about Nepomuk that seem worth sharing, so I added them to
http://userbase.kde.org/Nepomuk  This seems the best/only place to
document them. But I don't know anything about Nepomuk, so I'd
appreciate it if someone can review, and it's a wiki so anyone can fix
it.

I'm going to ask more questions about Nepomuk and Strigi here, and
I'll do my best to document the answers or file bugs.

Changes so far:

* Functionalities: add a subsection on indexing files
* Try out section
  o  add "in Dolphin"
  o mention Find
  o  better explanation of Dolphin's sidebar
* Frequently Asked Questions: add "How can I tell if Strigi has indexed a file?"
* make "External links" a separate section; flag one site as inactive

Cheers,

[1]  http://trueg.wordpress.com/2011/10/21/a-word-or-two-on-removable-storage-media-handling-in-nepomuk/#comment-1888
In a nutshell, Nepomuk doesn't index symbolic links  (KDE bug 208602)
, but System Settings doesn't indicate this (bug 287593).

--
=S Page