[Nepomuk] Useage of DMS in akonadi-nepomuk-feeders dependency problem

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 27 08:15:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

I think I have a dependency problem for the nepomuk feeder rewrite.
The new DatamanagementService (DMS) in nepomuk will be available in
kde-runtime from 4.7 on
and will move to kdelibs for 4.8 earliest.

According to volker kdepim traditionally relies on a 4.(x-1) release,
meaning that the ported feeders
could only be used from 4.9 on, which sucks to say the least =/

IMO it is not possible to use nepomuk and akonadi together from an
application in a sensible way (mindmirror in my case),
without the DMS, so I really hope we can find a solution for this issue.

I don't think we can just temporarily copy the code from kde-runtime, as
the dms is an actual
process run by nepomuk.

If you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated =)

btw. the port is pretty much complete, but there are still some fixes in
nepomuk needed, so I can test.

Cheers,

Chris