[Nepomuk] Shared-Desktop-Ontologies Documentation complete

Sebastian Trueg strueg at mandriva.com
Mon Jun 6 15:51:06 CEST 2011

Hello guys,

the last four days we had a rather big KDE summit in Randa, Switzerland.
Part of this summit was a Nepomuk workshop and as part of this workshop
we finally finished the SDO documentation. I am very happy with the
result which is entirely based on docbook.

Quick summary:
Each ontology comes with a docbook file containing optional, manually
written sections that describe the usage of the ontology, the ideas
behind it, and so on. In addition to that a python script creates
references of all ontologies with full cross-refs (very much like the
original reference). That in combination with an overview and the author
information is combined into one big docbook file (for cleaner relative
linking). That docbook is then transformed into several html files which
can be uploaded to the server or used as a local reference (due to the
relative links).

All this is streamlined by the cmake build system of SDO. Thus, to
generate all the docs just run "make docs" and you end up with the
"docs/html" folder in your build dir which can be uploaded to the server
(although one might need to rename sdo.html to index.html).

Could someone with the appropriate permissions please upload it to the
server (tarball attached).
After that I think it would make most sense if I had the permissions to
do that. After all I am the one maintaining SDO and asking for each
release would be a bit tedious.

Thanks a lot.
I hope you like the result as much as I do.

And last but certainly not at all least: you have to thank Daniele E.
Domenichelli for his work on the docs. Without him I would never have
managed finishing them. :)