[Nepomuk] Re: Special Identifying Properties

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 02:02:08 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 14:49, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On 07/28/2011 02:25 PM, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> >> Well, in the case of Akonadi nothing is merged anyway since you specify
> >> the url directly.
> >>
> >> Contact merging is really only done for the case of "anonymous
> >> contacts", ie. those that are created as second-level resources.
> >
> > Ok, fair enough.
> > Since we still might want to have contacts merging also for those
> > contacts, we could do that on a PIMO level I assume.
> > I.e. as in the android phones, where you get your goolecontacts merged
> > with the facebook contacts.
>
> Yes, definitely. I hope Martin's solution does not only include Akonadi
> contacts. ;)

Nope, it takes all nco:PersonContacts it finds, no matter where they came
from. This is actually something I stumbled upon not a long time ago as I
had a solution only for akonadi contacts. It turned out pretty quickly that
it needs to be more general.

But to get a bit back - the family use case. I believe that if someone is
sharing an email in a family (I personally do not know anyone like that), I
think they'd use something like "Mustermann family" instead of two different
names for one email. Besides, it's just wrong to do that.

Nevertheless my Nepomuk service currently does exactly what has been
discussed here - when there is new nco:PersonContact, it searches Nepomuk
for any other contact with that exact same email and if it finds one, it
merges them together. In the light of previous discussion and previous use
case, I guess I could add more parameters to compare, like name. Or should I
a) discard it completely or b) move it to Nepomuk's core (where the other
checks currently are)?

The rest of the service then takes care of creating pimo:person and/or
adding grounding occurences to already existing pimo:person.

--
Marty K.