[Nepomuk] Re: Akonadi-Nepomuk feeder port to SimpleResource api

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Sat Jul 23 15:39:56 CEST 2011

without looking at the code yet:

thanks a lot for doing this. And:

On 07/22/2011 01:31 AM, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> -replaced any usage of NepomukFast and with SimpleResource api
> -Removed the nepomukFeeder class, which was only needed because of the
> template stuff
> -added NepomukFeederUtils namespace which contains some helper functions
> which don't belong into NepomukFeederAgentBase
> -removed everything else from NepomukFeederAgentBase which doesn't
> belong there and moved to the correct location (actually only
> findOrCreateContact that is)

AFAICS there is no need for findOrCreateContact anymore. You simply
throw the contact at DMS multiple times and it will be merged properly.

> -updated the documentation of NepomukFeederAgentBase
> -added the aneo ontology which is currently only used for the
> akonadiItemId (to mark the nepomuk resources as akonadi item)
> -added a copy of the nepomuk-dms to avoid a dependency on kde-runtime
> -added the SimpleResource convenience classes (In the future they could
> be generated during the build, but that's not working at the moment)

Actually we already have a review request for that. It is only a matter
of cleaning up some issues. Then the cmake macro is done.

> -ported the calendar feeder to the SimpleResource api
>
> I did not touch the contact feeder so far as Martin Klapetek is working
> on that.
>
> Also I noticed an occasional problem that the dms complains about
> cardinality of random parameters (i.e. the akonadiItemId),
> anyhow thats not critical for the moment as the feeders seem to work
> fine otherwise.

Could you give an actual example, please?

> Since there did not change a lot from the akonadi side I don't really
> expect much reviewing from this side (although all comments are welcome),
> but I'd be nice if Vishesh or Sebastian could have a look on how I used
> the SimpleResource api.
> That would be specifically the Calendarfeeder and the
> NepomukFeederAgentBase::addItemToGraph,
> NepomukFeederAgentBase::addGraphToNepomuk functions.
>
> If it looks more or less ok, I'll commit so we can work from there.

I will try to have a look these days.