[Nepomuk] odds of running Nepomuk on an out of date version of RHEL?

Darren Cruse darren.cruse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 16:39:55 CET 2011

Not exactly sure how dumb this question is, and the answer's not even
critical for my project, but:

Would/should I expect to be able to install and run everything needed to run
Nepomuk on a machine running RedHat Enterprise Linux *4*?

i.e. Without having to upgrade the machine to a newer version of RHEL first?

Where it looks like the latest RHEL is version 6 I guess this machine is at
least a couple years out of date.

This is what I see from the machine btw:

    bash-3.00$ cat /etc/*release
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 4)

    bash-3.00$ uname -a
    Linux xxxxxxxxx 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 25 17:24:31 EDT 2006
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux