[Nepomuk] thumbnails and nepomuk/strigi?

Darren Cruse darren.cruse at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 14:24:25 CET 2011

Hi apologies this may be more of a kde question than a nepomuk question but
I wasn't sure...

I've been moving towards this option of leveraging nepomuk for this
originally java/xquery/eXist xml database project, where I would hope to
offer the users the use of dolphin on the one hand and a custom web
application on the other.

And one thing I almost forgot was the web application would not only need to
get at the nepomuk RDF, but also (or at least ideally) the thumbnails.

Some brief googling indicates thumbnails are stored in ~/.thumbnails, and I
guess they're not really a nepomuk/strigi thing at all they're created by a
kde thumbnail generator KIO slave thingie?

My real question is basic:  I see in ~/.thumbnails that the thumbnail png
files are given these "GUID" style file names.

Anybody know how an app figure out, given a true file name with it's path on
the file system, which of these GUID style numeric thumbnail files
represents it?

(the thumbnail isn't a part of the nepomuk RDF is it?  I quickly snooped but
didn't see it)

Thanks again,

Darren