[Nepomuk] Re: nepomuk init notification

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:47:33 CET 2011

> > > I'm not sure - kamd will have multiple backends - for different stuff
> > > (nepomuk and zeitgeist at least) so I'd rather have an API which
> > > allows the user not to know anything about N and Z.
>
> note: either way KActivityInfo is that api, but with a signal in kamd,
> anyone who needed to use it directly would also not need to know it uses
> nepomuk for icons.

hrm. for implementation...
it could emit BackstoreAvailable() (for symmetry with IsBackstoreAvailable)
and have KActivityInfo connect that to infoChanged - or it could emit
ActivityChanged for every existing activity, which would generate more dbus
traffic, but mean that the fact that info depends on the backstore becomes
entirely a kamd implementation detail.

--
Chani
http://chani.ca