[Nepomuk] Re: Akonadi <-> Nepomuk interaction

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 22 14:53:12 CET 2011

Just one thing which I forgot.

The point is that I need to annotate the content (text) of the Todo/Note not
the Todo/Note itself.

I annotate the content with pimo:Topics and random items like files, other
akonadi items, etc.
If I would simple set the Thing which I annotated with those items as the
Thing of the Todo/Note directly, another application could add annotation to
the Thing i.e. a location for a Todo.
Now that annotation is really only valid for the Todo not the content in
general. So if that item is converted to a Note, the location annotation
should not be kept, while all the associated files, etc and pimo:Topics are
still valid as they are actually annotations of the content (text).

That was also why I used the separate resource (for annotating the content of
the todo/note).

Cheers,

Chris

On Tuesday 22 February 2011 14:31:10 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On 02/22/2011 02:23 PM, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > On Tuesday 22 February 2011 11:41:27 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> >> Hi Chris,
> >>
> >> I always figured that there would be only two resources:
> >> 1. The main indexed resource created by the feeder
> >> 2. The pimo:Thing that contains all the annotations and relations.
> >>
> >> IMHO there is no need for a third resource which is maintained by your
> >> app. The only problem I see here is the update by the feeder since that
> >> should maintain the relation to the pimo:Thing.
> >> But I think that could be handled by the feeder. It simply needs to
> >> handle updates differently than a simple delete+add. Instead it should
> >> make sure the resource URI is reused and the relation to the pimo:Thing
> >> is kept.
> >
> > The problem with using the Resource created by the feeder is that it is
> > not clear if my app or the feeder is first to create it, so I would have
> > to make sure that also if I create the Resource first, the feeder reuses
> > it. But I guess that should be possible.
>
> AFAIK Akonadi uses a dedicated property to identify their resources. You
> could reuse that.
> I suppose it would be best to put that into shared code somehow. That
> way it can be assured that the resources are reused.
>
> > Further I also have to see when to delete the Thing, as sometimes I wan't
> > to reuse it (when converting the item).
> >
> > What I don't really get: for one specific note there should only be one
> > Thing, right? So If I create the Thing and assign it to the Resource
> > created by the Feeder, will the feeeder delete the Thing, when he
> > deletes the Resource or will I have to do that?
> >
> > The ownership of Resources/Things is not yet really clear to me....
>
> The feeder does not delete the things. This is something that is not
> defined yet. It could of course be very easy to add thing deletion to
> the feeder.

In this case