[Nepomuk] akonadi nepomuk feeders and resource merging

Luis Alexandre Coimbra e Silva lacsilva at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 18:09:51 CET 2011

Hello everyone,

Let me go straight to the point. I have the upcoming version of kdepim
installed and found myself with a huge amount of duplicate information in
nepomuk. This slows down searches and makes things like kpeopletag nearly
unusable. I started playing around with a script I found in playground
(playground/nepomuk-kde/toolbox/mergeresources.py). The attached version
exposes this problem.

After a month of using the upcoming kdepim this script took nearly 6 hours to
complete for the tasks alone. Since more and more nepomuk-feeders are being
deployed and used this should be fixed in there. I am contributing my changes
to the mentioned script so that people involved in the kdepim development can
solve this issue.

Thanks a lot for all of your work. It is greatly appreciated.
--
Luis A. C. Silva