[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Reindex files sometimes

Weng Xuetian wengxt at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 03:31:34 UTC 2011

Hi,
Nepomuk sometimes will try to reindex the files under a directory due to a
single file change (I notice you guys are having plan to avoid scan unchanged
files), but it seems nepomuk never uses the file modify time to check whether
the file is changed or not. If it was used, I think thousands of reindexing
events can be avoid on my laptop.

Do nepomuk really use it? If not, is there any reason for not using this? I
see nepomuk already stores the index creation time in KDE 4.7 (Wwhich
shouldn't be display on info panel by default and the displayed time seems to
use the wrong timezone), I think a simple compare will avoid most of reindex
on my disk.

Regards,