[Nepomuk] Splitting Nepomuk library

Artem Serebriyskiy v.for.vandal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 17:10:22 UTC 2011

Hi everyone.

Currently, the kdelibs/nepomuk/ subfolders "core" and "ui" are build into
one library. This cause some inconvenience, so I would like to split nepomuk
library into nepomuk_core and nepomuk_ui.
These are the main reasons:
1. Remove QtGUI from dependency of Nepomuk Core.
2. Currently nepomuk python bindings are built as PyKDE4.nepomuk into single
.so. Because of this there is no way to put external library ( like
nepomukdatamanagement ) inside PyKDE4.nepomuk package ( as there is no
package ). So I would like to make a PyKDE4.nepomuk a package and actuall
libraries will be PyKDE4.nepomuk.core, .ui, .datamanagement and so on. For
that I should split actuall nepomuk library into core and ui and provide
separate bindings for them, as no one will ever search UI classes inside
PyKDE4.nepomuk.core.

No external or internal application should be affected, as FindNepomuk will
be changed too and will set NEPOMUK_LIBRARIES to the pair of libraries
instead of one.

--
Sincerely yours,
Artem Serebriyskiy