[Nepomuk] How to remove PIMO::Things

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Thu Aug 4 22:18:44 UTC 2011

Hey,

To bring an old topic up, does anyone have an idea how to get rid of
PIMO:Things if I don't have control over the grounding occurrence?
In my case that is a feeder generated resource (who would have guessed..),
so a combined InformationElement/DataObject.
For tagging purposes I generate a PIMO:Thing, and use only the Thing for
tags and alike (all manual user work).

But since the grounding occurrence can vanish at any time, nepomuk is left
with a dangling Thing.

I don't think we can make a cleanup service, since I might as well want to
keep the thing without a grounding occurrence (if valid at all).
But maybe I could mark the created thing as subresource of the IE, so it
gets deleted with it?
This would of course have to work over deleteDataByApplication, so if
another app uses the thing without setting it as subresource, the thing
remains
(otherwise we defeat the whole purpose of the thing).

Ideas or plans?

Cheers,

Christian