[Nepomuk] Re: Search for specific file types

Peter Hedlund peter at peterandlinda.com
Mon Apr 4 20:38:39 CEST 2011

Hello,

Thanks for the repsonse.

> The restarting of the search is a bug which I have not been able to
> figure out yet. :( I am aware of it though.

OK.

> As for searching by mimetype: we are still in need of a good query UI.
> For now you can try this:
>
> mimetype="application/pdf"
>
> Make sure that in Dolphin the "everywhere" and "content" buttons are
> pressed.

Does not work in Kubuntu Natty:

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol ''.

And having to select "everywhere" defeats the purpose of being able to search
a specific folder hierarchy, not the entire home folder.

> We should really invest some time in a proper search gui. It is a GSOc
> project btw...

Couldn't agree more, but I am too old for that kind of project.

Thanks,
Peter