[Nepomuk] Re: Correct usage of ontologies?

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Sat Apr 2 20:59:10 CEST 2011

First for the creators of the comic you use nco:PersonContact with its
typical properties. This is also what is used for artists of audio files.

As for stating who created the comic. For now you can use nco:creator
although IMHO that is not entirely correct. We actually need to
fix/improve the ontologies in that respect (I will create appropriate
tickets for sdo next week).

The comic name: IMHO you should use nie:title. topic does not makes
sense since it is intended to group things rather than giving them a
title or a name. In the end topics are not much more than tags.

An even fancier approach though would be to define a comic series and
episodes of that. Here the question is whether we can reuse or improve
NMM which already contains classes and properties to describe tv shows
and episodes.

Do you think we could find common ground between comics and tv shows?
Maybe common base classes?