[Nepomuk] Adding Nepomuk integration into Basket Note Pads

Laura Dragan laura.dragan at deri.org
Thu Sep 9 12:15:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thursday 09 September 2010 07:48:48 Amir Pakdel wrote:
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Alessandro Sivieri
>
> <alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just had a mad idea, so I want to ask a question: if I want to represent
> > a note in Nepomuk, how should I represent it? I looked at the
> > ontologies, so I suppose it should be a pimo:Note, with its contents in
> > a property of type nao:Description, right? At least, this is what is
> > written in the pimo documentation...
>
> I think that is right; however Sebastian and Laura would know better.
> Moreover, if you want to have everything related to a note inside the
> Nepomuk, Laura has already done that (and done it well).

At the moment, the way I represent notes with SemNotes is:

<nepomuk:/res/a_note> a <pimo:Note>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nao:created>  "2009-08-25T10:14:38.573Z"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nao:lastModified>
"2010-08-31T17:07:44.901Z"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <dc:title> "A
note"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nie:htmlContent> "html string goes
here"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nao:hasTag> <nepomuk:/a_tag>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <pimo:isRelated> <nepomuk:/res/a_resource>

I got some advice from Evgeny and Sebastian on the best way to store the
notes back in January, in this thread:

http://lists.kde.org/?t=126906143100006&r=1&w=2

Before this discussion started I was about to ask again for advice on using
the annotation framework, so that I can store annotations in the RDF repo as
well, more than just the <pimo:isRelated> relation to resources.
I'll postpone this, maybe it can be put directly into basket ;) .. that is if you still think it a good idea to merge the two.. By the way, the code for SemNotes is in gitorious at

http://gitorious.org/semnotes

The class you should look at is Note, and for now ignore the annotations in there :)

Cheers,
Laura