[Nepomuk] Adding Nepomuk integration into Basket Note Pads

Laura Dragan laura.dragan at deri.org
Thu Sep 9 12:15:28 CEST 2010

On Thursday 09 September 2010 07:48:48 Amir Pakdel wrote:
> Hi Alessandro,
> On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:22 AM, Alessandro Sivieri
> <alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just had a mad idea, so I want to ask a question: if I want to represent
> > a note in Nepomuk, how should I represent it? I looked at the
> > ontologies, so I suppose it should be a pimo:Note, with its contents in
> > a property of type nao:Description, right? At least, this is what is
> > written in the pimo documentation...
> I think that is right; however Sebastian and Laura would know better.
> Moreover, if you want to have everything related to a note inside the
> Nepomuk, Laura has already done that (and done it well).

At the moment, the way I represent notes with SemNotes is:

<nepomuk:/res/a_note> a <pimo:Note>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nao:created>  "2009-08-25T10:14:38.573Z"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#dateTime>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nao:lastModified>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <dc:title> "A
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nie:htmlContent> "html string goes
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <nao:hasTag> <nepomuk:/a_tag>
<nepomuk:/res/a_note> <pimo:isRelated> <nepomuk:/res/a_resource>

I got some advice from Evgeny and Sebastian on the best way to store the
notes back in January, in this thread:

Before this discussion started I was about to ask again for advice on using
the annotation framework, so that I can store annotations in the RDF repo as
well, more than just the <pimo:isRelated> relation to resources.
I'll postpone this, maybe it can be put directly into basket ;) .. that is if you still think it a good idea to merge the two.. By the way, the code for SemNotes is in gitorious at

The class you should look at is Note, and for now ignore the annotations in there :)