[Nepomuk] nepomuk issues when using Dolphin

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 02:49:23 CEST 2010

On September 3, 2010 07:38:02 Kim Højgaard-Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm on kde-4.5.1, and seems to be having an issue related to nepomuk.
> When using Dolphin to e.g. delete files it sometimes hangs for several
> seconds and in the console i see this:
>
> "/usr/bin/dolphin(7761)" Soprano:
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name
> org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any
> .service files"
> "/usr/bin/dolphin(7761)" Soprano: "Unsupported operation (2)": "Invalid
> model" "/usr/bin/dolphin(7761)" Soprano:
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name
> org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any
> .service files"
<snip>

> I haven't enabled nepomuk in kde settings but as far as I understand
> that should be ok ?

huh, that looks similar to what I was getting when nepomukserver was running
but nepomuk was disabled (by a messed up old config file, it seems).

you should report problems with dolphin to the maintainers of dolphin, though,
at http://bugs.kde.org
(I've been having a lot of problems with it too, but haven't got around to
reporting them. oops :)