[Nepomuk] search client possibilities displaying results

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Thu Sep 2 11:04:30 CEST 2010

The problem is very complex. You cannot compare Nepomuk's search
capabilities to kfind in this way. Theoretically our search engine (ie.
the Virtuoso db) can return context but it is very hard to handle
generically.
The reason is that with Nepomuk you can do way more than just searching
for a string. You can build very complex queries where strings are
searched deeply in the query. Thus, one query can have multiple matching
strings and the problem becomes: which do display.
This is the reason it has no been exposed yet.
I will, however, think a bit about the problem. Maybe a solution can be
found where we only return context in certain situations, ie. when it is
clear which context the user meant.