[Nepomuk] Question regarding usage of Nepomuk::Vocabulary::PIMO::hasPart()

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 28 13:53:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm currently prototyping an application for handling Notes/Tasks/Events.
While i use akonadi items for storing the notes, and the existing akonadi
classes is want to use nepomuk to model the relations between them.

I know there are already other efforts in this direction namely kjots, basket,
semnotes, and i will eventually see how to integrate, share code, merge, or
whatever =)

For manual organisation I want to use "Topics". I.e this will allow a
treestructure like the notes in kjots, but also allow notes to be in several
"Topics" at the same time.

So my understanding of how that should work (i will talk only about notes for
simplicity):
-I create a Pimo::Note resource for each note and set the akonadi uri as
identifier
-I create a Pimo::Thing of the type Nepomuk::Vocabulary::PIMO::Topic() for
each topic

For the relation between topics (hiarchy), and adding items to a topic, i want
to use the Nepomuk::Vocabulary::PIMO::hasPart() relation (respectively
isPart() but that is not existing).

So for an example hiarchy:

"Topic1->Subtopic1->Note1"

which would read as:

"Note1 isPartOf Subtopic1 isPartOf Topic1"

I hope this is the correct way to do things, but my problem is, i don't
understand how to use the Nepomuk::Vocabulary::PIMO::hasPart() relation.

Specifically, how can i set Note1 to be part of Subtopic1, and how can i check
if Note1 is part of Subtopic1.

A Codeexample would be greatly appreceated.

In case it matters:
i found Nepomuk::Vocabulary::PIMO::hasPart() and
Nepomuk::Vocabulary::PIMO::Topic() in pimo.h which i believe is the ontology?

Thanks for you help,

Christian