[Nepomuk] Re: [KFileMetaDataWidget] Grouping of interconnected information

Roman Evstifeev someuniquename at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 22:25:04 CEST 2010

2010/10/5 Leo Sauermann <leo.sauermann at gnowsis.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I posted a link to a well-known standard for doing what was proposed -
> without reinventing the wheel, endless discussions, and the need to maintain
> this sh** yourself ;-) (saves us some tickets and adds more tickets to the
> fresnel W3C groups)
> http://www.w3.org/2005/04/fresnel-info/
>
> read the recommendation I have and comment on what it DOES.
>
> Sebastian?! its you who would save time be reusing....
> I don't care much, as I won't hack it anyway - so it is safe to ignore my
> suggestion..
>
> while I am at it, some rant about "but didn't someone say that this is
> discouraged":
> Hey, provide a link to a mail or note about this  - I think this is fud.
> bnodes suck, but for these bloody config files - who cares.
> also we all should know how to circumvent bnodes with random uuids:uris.
> and - collections are fine, don't reinvent the wheel becuase we have
> forgotten who aired some concerns for collections in forgotten centuries
> ago. don't believe things people tell you. I don't know who said it, but I
> would seriously doubt that collections suck.
> they are linked lists - we use linked lists every day in programming. use
> your brains.... there is no alternative
> collections are fine, I can say, from what I learned at programming myself.
> "containers" suck really hard (_1, _2) but they are something different than
> "collections" (read the spec)
Well, maybe there was a confusion then:
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/nepomuk/2010-September/000765.html
I suggested to use a collection in my example, after which Sebastian
told, that usage of "containers" is discouraged, and i lost track of
what is discouraged really.
About badness of "containers" NRL documentation says pretty clear.