[Nepomuk] Re: nepomuk & gnome & firefox

Bruce Adams tortoise_74 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 17 09:58:36 CET 2010

----- Original Message ----

From my angle as a noob a lot of this is missing the point.
I want to read and write tag clouds in a platform independent way.
A rich ontology is all very well (and vitally important for more advanced uses).
But at the start of the day I want to be able to do something like:

Nepomuk::File  file( "some/path");
file.addTag("foo");

Just like in the examples here:

http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/nepomuk/html/examples.html

and see the tag "foo" appear in the "quickview" in dolphin and
the equivalent Gnome apps (and firefox).

Surprisingly this is 'bleeding edge' stuff (kde 4.6) rather than the bare
essentials
and doesn't work on my up to date ubuntu 10.10 installation which is still on
kde 4.5.1.
(actually this is beyond the bleeding edge as the tag needs to be declared
first, but you get the idea)

Regards,

Bruce.