[Nepomuk] Nepomuk Core - Questions & Patches

Vishesh Handa handa.vish at gmail.com
Wed May 26 10:08:55 CEST 2010

Hey Sebastian

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM, Sebastian Trüg <trueg at kde.org> wrote:

> On 05/25/2010 08:40 PM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> > 1. If I call Resource( QString("file:/whatever") ) and whatever is
> > actually a filex:/ url. It won't get identified, cause the filex:/
> > searching is only applicable to QUrls.
>
> You are right. While this is misuse of the API it should still be fixed.
>
> > 2. Code like this is perfectly legal, and works (no modifications
> required)
> >
> > Resource r1( KUrl("nepomuk:/res/blah-blah") );
> > r1.setRating( 5 );
> > qDebug() << r1.rating();
> >
> > This is because determineUri() accepts uris whose scheme is "nepomuk",
> > but don't really exist in the database. Should this be allowed?
>
> That was my intention, yes.

Oh. I didn't think it was intentional.

> > 3. When checking if the the m_kickoffUri is a nie:url for a resource.
> > The nieUrl is assigned to be equal to the uri. This however gets fixed
> > in the load(). And nieUrl isn't used anywhere, so it doesn't matter that
> > much.
>
> I suppose you mean this part:
>
> if( it.next() ) {
>      QUrl uri = it["r"].uri();
>      if( uri.isEmpty() ) {
>         m_uri = m_kickoffUri;
>      }
>      else {
>         m_uri = uri;
>         m_nieUrl = uri;
>      }
>
> The last two lines. AFAICT this is perfectly fine since in the latter
> case both nie:url and resource URI are equal.

I respectfully disagree. :)

The query used is this "select distinct ?r ?o where { { ?r nie:url <uri> . }
UNION { <uri> ?p ?o . }  } LIMIT 1". The case where ?r isn't empty is when
the <uri> contains the nie:url and therefore ?r will contain the resource
uri.

Please have a look at -> http://pastebin.com/v536fMvv

- Vishesh Handa

Cheers,