[Nepomuk] [nepomuk-kde] serviceOwnerChanged usage

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Mar 26 19:26:37 CET 2010

On March 26, 2010, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> (for the future please use the new nepomuk mailing list hosted at kde:

oops, sorry :)

> I am aware of the necessary changes. And I would be happy, too if "one
> of the nepomukians will be willing". ;)
> In the end it will probably be me... I suppose I need tutoring when it
> comes to delegation of work... any takers? :P

the good news is that it's really simple work, made simpler if you know why
the service is being watched in the first place (so you can decide whether to
stick with a serviceOwnerChanged signal, though from QDBusServiceWatcher, or
to move to serviceRegistered and/or serviceUnregistered signals).

so if someone is looking for an easy thing to do (or to get started with) that
will have a real impact on performance, this is your chance :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se