[Nepomuk] Nepomuk::Query::QueryServiceClient::syncQuery in a KIO::SlaveBase

Daniele E. Domenichelli daniele.domenichelli at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 18:46:26 CEST 2010

Hello Sebastian,

On 06/28/2010 08:16 PM, Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> You could have a look at the nepomuksearch kio slave and how it does
> handle the searching using a separate thread.

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right kioslave, but
  trunk/KDE/kdebase/runtime/nepomuk/kioslaves/search/
doesn't seem to use a separate thread, it creates a QCoreApplication in
kdemain...

> Actually: in case you are listing query results using your kio slave I
> would recommend forwarding to nepomuksearch using
> Nepomuk::Query::Query::toQueryUrl() since that gives you all the
> features it provides including proper stats, gets, previews and all that
> stuff.

forwarding to nepomuksearch works pretty good for listing, but is there
any method to change default nepomuk icon and to add an overlay to results?
Nepomuksearch shows the right icon for existing mimetypes, so maybe I
might define a new mimetype? That could also be helpful for right click
menu...

Regards,
 Daniele