[Nepomuk] Nepomuk::Query::QueryServiceClient::syncQuery in a KIO::SlaveBase

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Mon Jun 28 20:16:25 CEST 2010

I advise against that. To be honest i do not remember exactly why but
there are several situations in which your method will fail one or the
other way.
You could have a look at the nepomuksearch kio slave and how it does
handle the searching using a separate thread. This is the recommended
method from the KIO gods. ;)

Actually: in case you are listing query results using your kio slave I
would recommend forwarding to nepomuksearch using
Nepomuk::Query::Query::toQueryUrl() since that gives you all the
features it provides including proper stats, gets, previews and all that
stuff.
In any case I am very much interested in what you are doing.