No subject

Tue Jun 15 01:30:27 CEST 2010

persist mount.

For example solid could (at some point?) or any other tool
autodiscover SMB shares and mount them. Most likely somewhere in
/media/

Later on the user could decide to mount the same share somewhere else
like in /home/user/photos or /mnt/dataserver/photos

That would require filex:// url for those? (The problem of url
rewriting would occur?)

@Kevin:

Solid will try to deliver the same identifier uri for such a
filesystem depending on the mount source not the target?

What I mean is:
mount -t cifs  diskstation:phots  /media/photos

when I later mount the same to somewhere else like:
mount -t cifs diskstation:photos /mnt/pictures

would the solid uri only depend on the mount source (i.e.
diskstation:photos)?  I think it should at least if possible.

That way nepomuk could identify it even if the mountpoint changes. And
in theory handle it like any other "removable" filesystem. (With being
able to only search for currently available files, or bring up a
message to mount something when the file is not "there" right now)

That way the only problem would be the filex  thing? (Rewriting a few
thousand or tens of thousands of file resources sounds very slow to
me)

Am I still missing something about that filex thing?

Daniel