[Nepomuk] Issues with non persistent filesystems/mounts and Nepomuk

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Tue Jun 15 12:16:06 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 11:50:48 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> The question is: how to decide if it is a "persistent" or a removable
> mount. Any ideas?

Right now we offer no facilities for that I think. Basically you want to
discriminate between it has been mounted using system facilities vs it's been
mounted by hand by the user (on the command line, so it appears only in mtab)?

If that's the case at some point I could probably add a hint for that on
StorageAccess when I get to handle network mounts.

If you want something more complex: fixed devices vs hotpluggable/removable
devices vs network mounts in fstab (and thus supposed to always have the same
mountpoint... until you modify the fstab) vs random mounts done by the user by
hand. It's likely to end up with writing a convoluted heuristic in nepomuk
itself which will probably fail in some corner cases.

Note that even right now, you could use KMountPoint to do some of that
yourself, but it'll obviously be not portable.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net