[Nepomuk] Nepomuk KIO Slave limitations

Alessandro Sivieri alessandro.sivieri at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 10:46:16 CEST 2010

2010/6/7 Alessandro Diaferia <alediaferia at gmail.com>

> As you may have understood i'm using Nepomuk to show media files to the
> user.
> One thing i noticed is that when using the KDirModel (and so the
> KDirLister) to list the results of a query
> it seems that each QModelIndex doesn't have a valid KDirModel::FileItemRole
> and therefore no important pieces of information
> like the url of the file (AFAIK KDirModel is KFileItem-centric). I make use
> of such role in order to get previews of the files.

Well, both in Sembrowser and in Smartsave I am using KDirOperator, and it
works correctly for me, I mean files are shown with correct name and icon,
and they are correctly opened once passed to KRun; I use
Nepomuk::Query::toSearchUrl, to obtain the URL to set the URL to
KDirOperator.
I think I also used KDirModel directly some time ago, but then I decided
that the operator was better.
Can you show us some code?

--
Sivieri Alessandro