[Nepomuk] Activities and desktop events - Results from the meeting

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Thu Jul 29 11:26:12 CEST 2010

On 07/29/2010 11:10 AM, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>> select (s1*s2) as score where { ?r nao:score ?s1 . ?r nao:score2 ?s2 . }
>>
>> What do you think of that? It is a bit hacky but should make the process
>> much faster again.
>
> It is ok. One question though, can we do this:
>
> select (s1 * exp(d) * s2 as score ...)
>
> That is, do virtuoso support exp?
>
> If yes, we will not need to constantly update the score.

I just tested it:

nepomukcmd query "select bif:exp(42) where { ?r ?p ?o . } limit 1"
callret-0 -> "1.7392749415e+18"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#double>
Total results: 1
Execution time: 00:00:00.2

Virtuoso does support exp in the query! :)
This makes it even simpler. We only have to update scores for new
desktop events. Nice!

We would simply put that in an API call that automatically calculates
the score. Or even better we put that in the query API so that
Query::Result::score() contains the score in question.