[Nepomuk] Activities and desktop events - Results from the meeting

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Fri Jul 23 11:23:53 CEST 2010

On 07/23/2010 10:38 AM, Ivan Čukić wrote:
>> by this score and combine that with the restrictions you list which can
>> all be expressed using a single Term.
>
> Ok
>
>> kstandardactions) and add the method and the enum to the
>> Nepomuk::Query::StandardQueries namespace.
>
> Yet another Ok :)
>
> BTW, how the scoring works? (as in which parameters are involved, and
> with what weight)

Currently I use an exponential function to weight the usage events. In
addition the last modification has a slightly higher weight. Then the
rating and the file type are taken into account. I tuned the values
randomly so they show the desired behavior for my files. This could of
course use further tuning.
The algorithm (rather simple) can also be found in the mentioned
playground code.