[Nepomuk] Kopete chat logs, Akonadi and nepomuk

kaushik roideuniverse at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 14:02:32 CET 2010

Hi everybody :)

Last year in Gsoc 2009 I worked on modifying the history plugin of kopete
and making it save its chat logs in akonadi. After that due to academic
pressure i was quite on and off in terms of contribution to kde. Now I am in
my final semester of engineering , and good thing about final semester is
that i have to officially do a project.
In this project I am supposed towork as a team, so i have some of my
classmates joining in towards  kde development. \o/

The idea that i suggested to my friends are
1)we use the akonadi agent to feed kopete chats into nepomuk, and improve
searching through chat logs, i read about some of the kmail work at
http://thomasmcguire.wordpress.com/
I wonder i can do the same thing with kopete.
Which also include improving on the kopete's history plugins gui, which
looks a kinds old.

2)adding gui to the telepathy watcher application i made last year(which
logs text chats done over telepathy text channel into akonadi) , for search
through chats

3)creating a small plasma application that can search through mails as well
as chats.

Looking forward to some suggestions :)

--
Greetings,