[Nepomuk] Translation of meta-data labels

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Sat Feb 20 13:23:45 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm just trying to fix the issue in Dolphin, that no meta data is shown for e.
g. images that are not indexed (in the case of images it is a must that at
least the width and height are shown - of course similar issues exist for
other files too).

For this I'm using KFileMetaInfo as fallback. Problem: The labels of the meta-
data provided by KFileMetaInfo are named like e. g.

http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/2007/03/22/nfo#width

for the width of an image. Of course a translated label for "Width" would be
preferable :-)

Nepomuk is a little bit nicer when returning the label name, but still there
are no translations given and workarounds have been added in Dolphin to make
the labels readable.

Now I've seen that e. g. in apps/plasma/applets/folderview/tooltipwidget.cpp
manual translations are done already too and I want to prevent another
workaround in Dolphin doing the same.

I know that Sebastian is aware about this issue. But I fear that there are too
many other high priority issues, so that it is possible that no proper
solution will implemented for KDE SC 4.5.

My question is: Are there already some ideas where a proper fix or a
"translation factory" for the labels should be done? My time is limited, so I
cannot promise to do the whole stuff, but at least I'd be open to help.

Thanks,
Peter