[Nepomuk] Syntax error in nmm.trig?

Sebastian Trueg trueg at kde.org
Thu Feb 11 18:41:17 CET 2010

Will Stephenson wrote:
> On startup nepomukserver complains about a syntax error at line 61 of
> /usr/share/ontology/nie/nmm.trig, which is
>
> ·   nrl:maxCardinality 1^^xsd:nonNegativeInteger
>

> The ^^1 seems to be a typo.  The error goes away if it is removed.  Redland
> (which I understand is responsible for loading the ontology) is 1.0.10.

Hm, this is already fixed in trunk. I did miss the commit. Thus, I did
not know of the bug (although you told me about the parsing error on
your end).
Will release 0.3 soon.

> It is present in the latest shared-desktop-ontologies 0.2 tarball at
> sourceforge.
>
> Out of interest, what are the consequences if there is a bug like this in an
> ontology?  Does it fail to load?  What happens to Nepomuk searches that would
> involve that ontology?

The ontology will not be loaded and the queries involving that ontology
are not sure to work (at least not with the query parser and the query
API. The former uses the ontology to match terms to properties and the
latter uses the ontology to optimize the resulting sparql query.