[Nepomuk] kde-4.4, virtuoso-6.1.0, and virtuosoconverter

Sebastian Trueg trueg at kde.org
Thu Feb 4 14:43:10 CET 2010

Rex Dieter wrote:
> FYI,
> http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Nepomuk+Virtuoso+Converter
>
> 1.  The requirements for kde-4.4/nepomuk have changed pretty late in the
> game (after all 4.4rc's).

No, they did not. I always said that Virtuoso 6 would be the dependency
for KDE 4.4. This is just a new version. Nepomuk also works with
Virtuoso 5 but it is not recommended.
Packaging efforts have been going on between Mandriva, Debian, SuSE, and
OpenLink for a while now.

> 2.  I personally have had trouble downloading 6.1.0 for the past 24hrs
> from sourceforge, if this is a continuing problem for others, perhaps we
> could put it on kde mirrors somewhere?

Probably high load after the release yesterday night.

> 3.  the aforementioned data conversion tool (from 5.0.x) as-is seems...
> less than optimal.

"less than optimal" is way too detailed for me to give any feedback on.  ;)

Anyway, the converter is hacky tool allowing early adopters of KDE 4.4
who already tries Nepomuk with Virtuoso 5 (and thus, compile
themselves!) to easily convert their data.