[Nepomuk] Bangarang player media library

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 23:42:19 CET 2010

В сообщении от Понедельник 01 февраля 2010 19:36:43 автор Jamboarder написал:
> > There is no duplication of data at the moment. The only thing that needs
> > fixing if I saw correctly is that Banganrang does use plain strings for
> > artists instead of nco:Contact resources.
>
> In KDE SC 4.3 Bangarang uses the xesam ontology which defines just a string
>  for the xesam:artist property. But for 4.4 it should be creating an
>  nco:creator property pointing to an nco:Contact resource and then setting
>  nco:fullName on the nco:Contact. If, it's not doing that then I need to
>  fix it. :-)
>
> > This is another problem (not of Banganrang but lsa): it would be good to
> > reuse these contacts instead of recreating them everytime. The latter
> > results in a lot of Contact resources which confuses KDEPIM.
>
> Hmm.  I probably don't have enough background on the topic, but I wonder
>  whether PIMO might not be better for media artist/performer/composer/etc.
>  metadata.  I've always imagined that nco:Contact in the desktop context as
>  a person/company that I actually has some kind of contact with, instead of
>  a place holder for any person/group.  I love Muse, System of a Down and
>  Bob Marley, but, much as I'd like to, I don't think I know them well
>  enough for them to be in my address book.  Just a (perhaps misguided)
>  thought...

Actually, it's exactly the opposite. nco:Contact is NOT your personal contact,
friend or whatever. It's just a class to represent people and organizations in
metadata. Whereas, PIMO is used for addressbooks and such.

As to more detailed performer metadata, it's intentionally left out(apart from
regular contact stuff) and we expect that someone will actually extend it when
that someone starts writing the actual code that needs this. So far there were
no takers.

--
Evgeny