[Nepomuk] Bugs, Patches and Scripts. - StrigiService & KInotify

Vishesh Handa handa.vish at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 20:18:37 CEST 2010

Well, watching the parent alone is of no use to us. That is why KInotify
> is recursive by default. Remember: the class is not supposed to be
> generic but only serve the filewatch service. I started out trying to
> create a generic class but it is just a waste of time since we have
> KDirWatch in kdelibs.

Oh. I was aiming for a generic version.

> > Btw, we need to do something about this. I have partitioned my hard
> > disk, and they are mounted in the /media/ directory. The metadata mover
> > just deletes the metadata. I was thinking about downloading the kernel's
>
> I dont really follow.

The FileWatch service currently only watches the home directory, I have some
things mounted in my /media/ directory, which are indexed. The metadata
copier doesn't work over there. When I copy some folder, say XYZ, from my
home directory to /media/somefolder/. XYZ's metadata gets deleted.

> hacking on inotify is a bit much I suppose. Maybe we should rather talk
> to the kernel people about the problems.

Could you? Please.

that would be great. Like I said I think one method would be enough. And
> for now it would be perfectly OK to simply rewrite the strigi config via
> KConfig. Just use readPathEntry and writePathEntry to update the
> folders. But make sure to only write data back if it actually changes. I
> am not sure if KConfig already handles that.
>
> I'll work on it tom. I'm too worried about GSoC right now!

- Vishesh Handa