[Nepomuk] [Soprano-devel] Benchmarking storage backends

Sebastian Trüg trueg at kde.org
Thu Oct 22 13:22:37 CEST 2009

On Thursday 22 October 2009 12:43:55 Ben Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>   As I'm tinkering with a new backend design for soprano I'm wondering
> what folks use to benchmark nepomuk for KDE4 usage?
>
>   Do folks just use the generic RDF benchmarking:
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/RdfStoreBenchmarking
> when comparing sesame2 to virtuoso backend for example?

folks, in this case me, don't do much benchmarking at all. So far there was no
real need for it since there has never been any choice: in the beginning we
only had redland. You know that it is slow by using it for a few days. No need
for a benchmark. Then we had sesame2 which is deprecated by Virtuoso simply
because the latter has so many advantages. Performance is not even in the top
5. ;)

But benchmarking seems like a good idea. And why not start with the standard
one. Any chance that could be integrated into the Soprano model unit test?