[Nepomuk] Packaging Virtuoso: some hints on how to reduce the size

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:51:53 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 20 October 2009 13:19:59 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> Soprano only needs two things:
>
> 1. the "virtuoso-t" binary.
> 2. The ODBC driver "virtodbc_r"
>
> nothing else.

Done that, now the installed package is 10MB in size against the previous 72,
I guess that's an improvement :) especially removing the vads and libvirtuoso-
t.a killed the size, so I guess we should make this public

> > And yes, such a thing should be put on Techbase (hope it's not already
> >  there, sorry if this is the case) and passed to packagers
>
> Where is the appropriate place for it exactly?
> I heard we had a requirements page which packagers look at.

There is the kde-packager list, you could probably try sharing this there and
ask for where these kind of information should be