[Nepomuk] Packaging Virtuoso: some hints on how to reduce the size

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 13:01:36 CEST 2009

Hello guys,

I'm messing up with the new Virtuoso stuff, and I have to say it's really
nice. I'll try making it work with 4.3 soon, but as far as I can tell with my
4.4 account things vastly improved.

The only small issue that remains is how to package virtuoso. At the moment my
configure line looks like:

./configure --disable-xmltest --disable-tutorial-vad --disable-sparqldemo-vad
--disable-demo-vad

I stripped out just the obvious. However, I see a lot of things (Java stuff,
sesame stuff, something about mediawiki???) which I suppose it's not really
needed for Soprano to work. So I was wondering if you have a minimal configure
command that would install _only_ what is needed for soprano to work.

Even better, a list of the files needed. I would really like to have a
virtuoso package, which would contain the strict necessary for Soprano to
work, and a virtuoso-extra package, containing the admin interface and all the
rest.

And yes, such a thing should be put on Techbase (hope it's not already there,
sorry if this is the case) and passed to packagers

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B