[Nepomuk] Refactoring for Soprano 3

Hari krishna Anandhan harikrishna.anandhan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 09:10:00 CEST 2009

Hello,

> Attached you find a preliminary design in the form of a crude UML diagram. It
> is based on the sesame2 idea of Respository vs. RespositoryConnection.

Based on the uml diagram and your description, I attempt to do a
design review (as i think that design must be self explanatory without
reading too many docs)

I think the name FilterRepository is misleading as it implies that it
only does filtering. Something more in the lines of ProxyRepository or
AdapterRepository would be appropriate (I will refer it by that name
in this mail, to get a feel of it ...)

So, lets begin...

Repository is a generic class, which can be a StorageRepository or a
ProxyRepository .

RepositoryFactory must be used to create any repository, may it be a
StorageRepository or a ProxyRepository .

Each created Repository can create a new RepositoryConnection, which
implements the RDFModel. A ProxyRepository creates a ProxyConnection.

I think that fits better in the picture.

Changes are: evaluating the RepositoryFactory to create any type of
factory and the renaming of FilterRepository .

What do others think about it?

Cheers,
Hari