[Nepomuk] Information for Nepouk-developer-newbies

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 18:52:42 CEST 2009

В сообщении от Пятница 09 октября 2009 22:06:31 автор Max Hofer написал:
> I just wanted to drop this email because I have some basic questions about
>  the Nepomuk project - which I'm sure - other newbies will have too.
>
> I just found the Nepomuk library in the KDE repository under
>
> trunk/KDE/kdelibs/nepomuk/
>
> * What is the minimum set of KDE libraries which we have to compile from
>  KDE trunk to reasonably work on Nepomuk?

You need kdesupport/soprano for nepomuk to work. Everything else is optional
more or less depending on what you need.

> * are there any other library dependencies? (except Qt)

nepomuk needs an external backend: redland, sesame2 or virtuoso. Not all
backends suit all needs

> * do we have to use the Qt library residing in the KDE repository?

No.

> Virtuoso related questions:
> - where can we get it?
> - which version of Virtuoso should we use?

Only a recent snapshot of virtuoso works:
ftp://download.openlinksw.com/support/vos/virtuoso-opensource-20090916.tar.gz
You also need trunk version of soprano

Virtuoso is still considered unstable, although we hope it will be stable soon
enough.