Distributions/Packaging_Recommendations

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Feb 27 16:06:47 GMT 2023

Looking over the new distro packaging recommendations page
https://community.kde.org/Distributions/Packaging_Recommendations

I'm not sure what libappindicator-gtk3 is

We don't add maliit-keyboard by default, should we?

It says to avoid xorg-x11-drv-wacom but I have xserver-xorg-input-wacom
installed brought in by kde-config-tablet I think, should we remove that?

I'm not sure where systemd configuration for stuck processes timeout is?

Do we need to add the
/usr/share/fontconfig/conf.avail/99-noto-mono-color-emoji.conf file it
talks about? It seems to be already in
/etc/fonts/conf.avail/45-generic.conf.

"PulseAudio/PipeWire configurationEnable the module-x11-bell module by
default"  We do have this installed with pulseaudio, do we need to set some
config to enable it?

We might need some magic to edit /etc/samba/smb.conf ?

I've not looked at the Firefox settings yet.

Jonathan