ISO issues

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Feb 11 18:56:42 GMT 2019

Notes to self and anyone interested:

So the network manager issue we had has been fixed by fixing kscreen.

But now the ISOs are not happy.  At last git untstable edition seems
to make an ISO which can install fine but then fails to boot dropping
to firmware.  I tested with on my UEFI thinkpad hardware and a
Virtualbox in BIOS mode.

A likely candidate is the livecd-rootfs build which because ubuntu
moved from bzr to git I also moved into a git build moving over all
the patches we add to it manually, which is an error prone process.

Images at https://files.kde.org/neon/images/neon-devedition-gitunstable/.hidden/

But I hit a crash in calamares and could not install it on a new
system. https://github.com/calamares/calamares/issues/1084  Sigh

More investigation to be had tomorrow.

Jonathan