kio tags logic

Franz Fehringer fehrin2 at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 8 19:55:47 BST 2019

Hi all,

This is my first post and my question is about getting the message(s)
kf5.kio.core: "Could not enter folder tags:/."
with several KDE (KF5) applications, e.g. kdevelop or dolphin.
The simplest way to see this error is
kioclient5 ls tags:/
From
https://github.com/KDE/baloo/blob/master/src/kioslaves/tags/kio_tags.cpp
line 398f (the latest commit says martenjj Check string length to avoid
crash for "tags:/" URL btw)
i would say this error is not possible with current sources:
    if ((url.scheme() == QLatin1String("tags")) &&
result.decodedUrl.length()>6 && result.decodedUrl.at(6) == QChar('/')) {
        result.urlType = InvalidUrl;
So is neon not up to date regarding kio?
What is the intent / expected behaviour for kdevelop accessing tags:/?
My setup is:
Windows 10 1903
WSL
Ubuntu 18.04