KDE Neon Developer Unstable - plasmashell crashing on start

Jörn M joern477 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 17:08:36 UTC 2018

Hello,

today I noticed that KDE Neon developer unstable updates to Qt 5.10.
The currently rolled out packages leave my system in an unusable state:

- plasmashell crashes:

~> plasmashell
org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet preload policy set to 1
plasmashell: relocation error:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Declarative.so.5: symbol
_ZN15QQmlPropertyMap15allocatePrivateEv, version Qt_5 not defined in file
libQt5Qm
l.so.5 with link time reference

- plasmawindowed crashes:

~> plasmawindowed org.kde.plasma.networkmanagement
org.kde.plasmaquick: Applet preload policy set to 1
org.kde.plasma: requesting config for "Networks" without a containment!
plasmawindowed: relocation error:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Declarative.so.5: symbol
_ZN15QQmlPropertyMap15allocatePrivateEv, version Qt_5 not defined in file
libQt
5Qml.so.5 with link time reference

- It seems that only applications using libKF5Declarative are effected
(plasma-discover for example works fine)

Any hints how to solve this?

Best Regards,
Jörn