Advance Downtime Notification

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Wed Nov 29 07:11:44 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Over the past 24 hours we have received initial warning notifications
that a disk in our bulk storage server has begun to show signs of
failure. We have now begun the process of having this disk replaced,
following which we will need to rebuild the RAID array.

As a consequence of this at some point in the next week the following
services will be unavailable for a period of up to an hour.
Additionally, the performance of these services from now until the
disk is replaced and the rebuild is completed may be impacted.

The affected services include:
- All Jenkins instances (build.kde.org and binary-factory.kde.org)
- files.kde.org and download.kde.org redirectors and master tree.
- maps.kde.org (Marble Maps)
- cdn.kde.org (website assets for all Neverland themed websites)
- distribute.kde.org (Flatpak repository)
- archive.neon.kde.org (Neon APT repositories)
- Akademy support sites
- KDE e.V Reimbursements portal

During this time sites which are fronted by either Incapsula or CDN77
(maps and cdn) may continue to be available to a certain extent
subject to their caching.

It is strongly advised that any maintainers intending to make a
release within this timeframe take into account potential system
unavailability, and where possible reschedule the release outside of
the window.

Should anyone have any concerns please contact us.

Regards,
Ben Cooksley
KDE Sysadmin