[missing] libqt5multimedia5-dev

Bernhard Schiffner bernhard.schiffner at gmx.net
Tue Mar 14 21:57:49 UTC 2017

On Montag, 13. März 2017 00:02:24 CET Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 08:31:33PM +0100, Bernhard Schiffner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > even if the libqt5multimedia5 is easily installable  the -dev isn't.
> >
> > It would save me (and perhaps others) time to have something in /usr/lib/
> > x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/ etc.
> >
> > Do you see an easy way to do this?
> > Should I do something about this?
>
> I'm not sure I understand.
>
> The package you're after is qtmultimedia5-dev
>
> It can be installed with:  apt install qtmultimedia5-dev
>
> It installs
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/cmake/Qt5Multimedia/Qt5MultimediaConfig.cmake
> and other files
>
> Jonathan

Works fine for me. Thanks for the pointing.

Until now I always searched the development part of a library by typing
something like
root at bs02:~# dpkg -l "lib*qt*serial*dev"
This works normally with few exceptions (ncurses, python ...).

It makes much sense if the libqt5multimedia5 offers its headers  in
libqt5multimedia5-dev.
See above. It works for qtserial  as example and the huge majority of all
other libraries. And in my understanding Qt is a library.

Ist there a special reason NOT to have the lib* prefix(es) for the development
packet(s)?
Just in case: Who ist to blame for the naming? kde-neon? debian?

Thanks again!

Bernhard